In this post, we’ll highlight several techniques to save on (BUF) Buffalo airport parking without limiting the conveniences that matter most to you. When you are choosing your best option for affordable Buffalo airport long term parking, efficiency, cost and security are each key elements to take into account.
This extensive post also offers an overview of the Buffalo airport and its amenities so be sure to check that out toward the end. (Note: For easy reference, all url links on this page open in a new tab)
In a rush? Use one of these handy alternatives to grab cheap Buffalo airport parking rates. You can reserve directly through any of these links:
- BUF offsite parking lots are commonly cheaper* *Save an additional $5 with the coupon code HELPER5
- Look at hotels offering free parking nearby BUF ** **Use our promo code HELPER5 to get $5 off deposit
- Look at Groupon for transportation or parking offers
- One-way BUF car rentals can be a wise choice
This review is your ultimate resource if you’re eager to pay less for Buffalo airport parking fees. You’ll discover not only helpful tips, airport maps and essential airport parking info, but also coupon codes to decrease your long-term BUF airport parking bill even more. And if you need more, we’ve created a handy packing checklist that you may download for free at the link directly below. It’s sectioned into categories (clothing, toiletries, etc.) designed to keep you organized each time you fly!
Select privately owned, off-site parking near Buffalo airport for the cheapest options
Right around the corner from the airport are a number of lots owned and operated by private businesses where you may park your vehicle at a cost below even the economy on-site BUF parking fees. Here are many other plusses to using this as your parking game plan when flying out of Buffalo.
- Allows you to book a parking spot that’s guaranteed ahead of time
- Free shuttle service directly to and from your airline’s terminal at Buffalo airport
- Protection for you and your vehicle is a priority with parking places usually supervised 24 hours a day
- Added short term in addition to long-term BUF airport parking options also mean greater booking convenience
- Often times businesses allow the choice of a parking garage as well as extra conveniences
- No fee for cancellations if necessary
|Parking Lot||Parking Type||Distance To BUF|
Ellicott Airport Parking (formerly Thrifty Airport Valet Parking)
|Self Uncovered, Valet Uncovered||0.8 mi|
Comfort Suites Buffalo Airport
|Self Uncovered||1.2 mi|
Millennium Hotel Buffalo
|Self Uncovered||2.9 mi|
Super 8 Williamsville/Buffalo Airport
|Self Uncovered||3.7 mi|
Hampton Inn & Suites
|Self Uncovered||1.5 mi|
Aloft Buffalo Airport
|Self Uncovered||0.9 mi|
Quality Inn Buffalo Airport
|Self Uncovered||1.0 mi|
This is the website we prefer where you can quickly compare facilities with parking near Buffalo airport at one time*
*Save an extra $5 on your booking with coupon code HELPER5 if you decide to go this option!
Hotels near Buffalo airport with free parking are a great way to reduce long-term parking costs
There are several hotels and motels where you can get a good night’s sleep AND park your car for free. That’s because they offer package deals where the cost of parking is included in the price of your room. You will definitely want to run the numbers on this because you can also take advantage of other perks, too. For example, some have free breakfast for everyone in your traveling group, so that could be a big money saver!
- Might be less than on-site Buffalo economy parking depending on the length of your trip
- Is perfect for travelers who need an overnight stay on the beginning or end of their trip, or those who have a departing flight that’s early in the morning
- Guarantee of a spot to park
- Guaranteed lowest price for a variety of Buffalo airport hotels
- You’ll be able to hop on a shuttle that will get you straight to the airport terminal for free
- Monitored parking for safety of your vehicle
- Free cancellations
|Hotel||Free Parking||Distance To BUF|
Aloft Buffalo Airport, A Starwood Hotel
|up to 30 days||0.1 mi|
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
|up to 7 days||0.3 mi|
Comfort Suites Buffalo Airport
|up to 14 days||0.5 mi|
Days Hotel Buffalo Airport
|up to 30 days||0.1 mi|
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport
|up to 7 days||4.0 mi|
Quality Inn Buffalo Niagara International Airport
|up to 15 days||0.1 mi|
LaQuinta Inn Buffalo Airport
|up to 30 days||1.5 mi|
Delavan Hotel and Spa
|up to 14 days||1.9 mi|
Shop Groupon to get a Buffalo airport parking coupon
Performing a quick Groupon local search is a simple way to find promotion deals and cheap rates on off-site BUF parking lots, vans, shuttles, a car or limo service and more. Plus, you can find other deals on products and services (think dining, entertainment, city tours) that can slash your travel bills even more.
- Can often cut costs up to 50 percent or more; offers are mainly for off site parking facilities and transportation services
- Not just for parking – explore discounts for other services that might work for you like BUF limos/shuttles, as well as other airport transportation options
- Keep in mind what you plan to do when you arrive at your destination and hunt for special offers there. For example concert events, sports events, day spas, restaurants and/or city guided tours
- Variety of discounted parking promotions can vary depending on the season
Search this page for local Buffalo Groupon discounts
Cheap Buffalo airport parking deals and/or transportation offers tend to fluctuate, but don’t forget about also exploring promotions for your destination!
Explore getting rid of BUF parking costs altogether with this unusual car rental tactic
Here’s a strategy to avoid high parking rates that you may not have ever considered: Two one-way car rentals. For this method to pay off, you usually need to either live a fair distance from the airport or be traveling for an extended period of time (generally 10 days or more). But that’s not always the case, so be sure to run a quick search to see what kind of car deals are available from our preferred vendor.
Here’s what you do:
- Use a comparison online tool to see the top prices with all the major BUF car rental corporations, like Enterprise, Hertz, Dollar, Budget and Alamo.
- Pre-book a rental car in your local area, drive it to the airport and take it back to the on-site car rental company before your trip. Once you return home, do the same process in reverse.
Benefits of this method:
- There’s no expensive overnight parking at Buffalo airport rates to worry about
- There is no need to keep your own vehicle in the BUF remote parking lot
- If you live a good distance from the closest airport or you will be on a trip a long time, this tactic can work great for saving cash. Plus, there’s no wear and tear on your vehicle.
- A credit card isn’t necessary to pre-book your rental car
- Should your trip arrangements need to adjust for any reason, it’s simple to cancel your reservations
See if two BUF one-way car rentals is a wise option for you here
It just takes a couple of moments to review car rental rates to see if this technique is more cost-effective than parking.
Buffalo airport FAQs
Where’s the Buffalo airport?
The Buffalo airport location is 4200 Genesee St, Buffalo, NY 14225.
What’s the phone number for Buffalo airport?
The BUF airport telephone number is (716) 630-6000. For on-site parking related questions, call (716) 630-6191.
What’s the Buffalo airport code?
The official Buffalo International Airport website is the best place to see the the BUF parking rates for short-term and extended stay parking, including their Buffalo Airport Preferred Parking lot option.
|Parking Lots||Parking Type||Daily Rate|
BUF Economy Parking Lot
|Uncovered Lot||$9/day max|
BUF Long Term Parking Lot
|Uncovered Lot||$10/day max|
BUF Preferred Parking Lot
|Uncovered Lot||$12/day max|
BUF Daily/Hourly Parking
BUF Reserved Covered Parking
|Covered Lot||$23/day max + $3 fee|
Other available parking information & amenities at BUF: Get discounted weekly parking at the Preferred, Long Term and Economy Parking lots, free membership in a Frequent Parker Rewards Program with Express Pass to earn points for free parking and other parking rewards, three available electric car charging stations, and a free Cell Phone Lot for picking up arriving passengers.
There is also a way to get printable Buffalo airport parking coupons for the Economy Parking Lot when you register with the Coupon Registration Form found in the sidebar of their website parking page. Save $1 off daily rate or $5 off the weekly rate.
As you get within 3 miles of Buffalo Niagara International you can tune your radio to AM 1580 for parking updates. Unfortunately, Buffalo airport does not feature an online option to check out the status of their parking lots in advance so you risk getting to the airport, wandering in circles (stressful!) only to find the low-cost parking lots are completely full. With your departure time growing closer, you’ll have no option except to pull in one of the parking lots closer to the terminals at a higher daily price.
What is BUF valet parking like and should I use it?
There are plenty of definitions for “valet” in the case of airport parking. Here’s a rundown.
First, there’s the customary meaning of “valet parking,” when an airport attendant meets you in front of your departing terminal, takes your automobile and parks it on-site at the airport. Your car is then delivered back to you when you fly back in.
Valet parking at BUF is not available. However, continue reading for additional practical choices.
There’s also a variety of “valet” services offered by privately owned off-site establishments, however the definition can vary. At some lots, the employee will drive you to the airport in your vehicle, leave you at your terminal and then park your vehicle in their monitored off-site lot during your trip. At other lots, the attendant can meet you at the airport terminal and then drive your car directly into the off-site parking lot. One more definition of “valet parking” is when the attendant meets you at your vehicle in the off-site lot to help you with your luggage as you board the shuttle (and again when you’re arriving at your terminal).
Luckily, the privately-owned parking lots do a great job of defining what their valet services include within the individual description (along with additional amenities), making it not hard to assess if paying a little bit more is worth it to you for this perk.
How big is Buffalo airport?
BUF has two runways and one terminal with a total of 26 gates spanning east and west wings. In 2014, Buffalo Niagara International ranked as the 57th busiest airport in the U.S. with more than 2.3 million passenger boardings. The Atlanta airport (Hartsfield-Jackson) was first with more than 49 million passenger boardings. [source]
Is there a place to find (BUF) Buffalo airport parking coupons?
You’ll be able to save even more on Buffalo airport parking fees by using a promotional code on this useful Top Travel Deals resource. Don’t forget to check out the extra promotions we’ve assembled for complementary travel products and services like airline tickets, places to stay and rental cars.
Is there a current terminal map for Buffalo airport online?
Here’s the link to the Buffalo airport map (PDF download), also referred to as the terminal map.
Where can I get directions to Buffalo International Airport?
We normally recommend using Google Maps to plot out the ideal route before you take off to BUF. Visit this map and hit “Directions” on the left side. Type in your starting location and you’ll get the best possible way to Buffalo airport. If you do it from your laptop or computer, you can print the directions and then have them with you. An easier option is to use your phone. That way, you’ll have detailed directions dictated to you, along with status updates for traffic and other situations that may possibly influence the route you drive to BUF.
More About Buffalo Niagara Airport
Buffalo Niagara International Airport BUF is located in Cheektowaga, approximately 12 miles northeast of downtown Buffalo. It’s easily accessible from Interstate 90 (exit 51) via Route 33 (Kensington Expressway).
Also referred to as BNIA, the airport is popular with travelers in the northwest part of New York as well as the southern “Golden Horseshoe” region of Ontario. It’s approximately 15 miles from the U.S.-Canada border crossing (Peace Bridge), 75 miles from Hamilton and 100 miles from Toronto.
The breathtaking Niagara Falls are located northwest of Buffalo, about a 30-40 minute drive from the airport.
Buffalo Niagara offers nearly 100 non-stop flights per day to 25 locations worldwide. Top destinations include New York City, Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago and Orlando. The airport has one main concourse with arrivals on the lower level and departures on the upper level.
There are nearly a dozen restaurants to choose from at Buffalo Niagara – from food court fare to full-service bars. You may want to check out the Anchor Bar, a satellite of the restaurant that invented Buffalo Chicken Wings. It’s located on the upper level near Gate 7.
Retail merchants in the Buffalo airport are limited, but you will find a handful of gift shops and newsstands that offer a variety of convenience items.
Across from the food court is Visit Buffalo Niagara, an official tourism information center that’s open daily. Stop by to pick up brochures, maps and other helpful visitor resources, as well as Buffalo-themed goods and apparel.
For those traveling with children, the airport offers a play area on the upper level near Gate 9. This free space includes toys, books and activities geared toward younger kids.
Other things to note:
- Complimentary wi-fi internet access is available throughout the airport
- BUF does not have locker storage
- Only working service/therapy animals are permitted in the terminal
- There are two barber shops on the upper level (one pre-security and one post-security)
- A shoe shine station can be found on the upper level near Gate 11
Handy travel information from the Buffalo area
- The Buffalo local area has lots of interesting fun-filled activities year-round
- Buffalo airport local area ten day weather projection
- Find a traffic update for Buffalo airport local area
Discover more about our airport parking strategies
Having problems selecting which one of our budget-friendly alternatives is best for you? Have a look at our in depth Airport Parking 101 blogposts. These helpful write-ups spell out the primary benefits of each airport parking strategy in an easy-to-understand layout.
- Booking at an off-site airport parking vendor is a wise choice – here’s why
- Examine why one of your smartest alternative to parking your car on-site at the airport might be hotel parking deals
- Ways to save time and money by arranging an airport shuttle service
- How Groupon airport parking coupons can help you save a nice chunk of change
- Read the top benefits of going with two one-way car rentals to replace parking at the airport