In this post, you'll learn a number of techniques to save cash on Reagan National DCA parking without giving up the amenities that mean the most to you. If you live in or around the U.S. capital, you know traffic and parking can be a nightmare so when deciding your best option for inexpensive long-term parking at DCA Airport, ease of access, cost and safety are all key elements to take into account. (Note: To help make your pricing comparisons easier, the links we provide will open in new tabs)
Departing soon? There are a variety of suggestions to uncover cheap DCA parking rates. You can pre-book right now through any of these links:
- Review quotes for DCA off-site parking lots*
*Use our HELPER5 coupon code to save an additional $5
- Free parking at a local DCA hotel can be available **
**Use our discount code HELPER15 to get 15% off deposit
- Get a quote on a low cost DCA airport shuttle
- Reagan transportation deals can be found on Groupon
- Try out inexpensive car rentals to/from DCA airport
- Consider the cheapest DCA economy parking on-site
If you want our best pointers for parking at Reagan airport, to find the absolute best deals and also secure your guaranteed parking place before leaving, keep scrolling! We'll help you say goodbye to outrageous DCA long term parking fees. We also have a free gift for you at the link directly below. Enjoy!
Get cheap Reagan airport parking at independently owned, off-airport facilities
This is the most popular of the strategies we promote, and for good reason. Check out all the advantages:
- Helps save upwards of 70 percent in contrast to onsite Ronald Reagan airport parking rates, ordinarily making it the most affordable choice
- Being able to make a reservation well before your travel date means your space is guaranteed to be there when you arrive
- Complimentary ride via shuttle right to and from your terminal at Reagan National airport
- Protection for you and your car is a top priority with parking areas monitored 24/7
- More selection of reasonably priced daily, weekly and longer airport parking at DCA
- Often times companies make available a parking garage and a variety of luxuries
- A safe online reservation system with tons of customer reviews
- No fee for canceling
- A great option for those who need to leave their vehicle for virtually any length of time
|Parking Lot||Parking Type||Distance To DCA|
Embassy Suites Crystal City Hotel
|Self Covered||1.8 mi|
Hyatt Regency Crystal City
|Valet Covered||0.9 mi|
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
|Self Indoor||3.3 mi|
The Westin Crystal City
|Self Covered||1.7 mi|
Courtyard Crystal City – Reagan National Airport
|Self Indoor||0.9 mi|
Hilton Crystal City
|Self Covered||1.5 mi|
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
|Self Covered||4.0 mi|
Park ‘n Fly DCA via Crystal Gateway Marriott Parking
|Self Covered||1.3 mi|
Enter your travel dates here to compare nearby Reagan national parking offsite vendors*
*Save an extra $5 on your booking with our coupon HELPER5 if you decide to go this option!
Explore hotels near Reagan National airport that include free parking
Travelers tell us they love this approach because you can stay on either the front end or back end of your trip. Here are the main reasons to consider using it.
- Might be cheaper than DCA economy parking based on how long you'll be gone
- Works well for travelers who require an overnight stop before leaving or after coming back, or those that have an early morning flight out
- Guarantee of a parking space
- Can pick from many Reagan National airport hotels that guarantee you'll get the cheapest rate
- You'll be able to utilize the hotel's shuttle that brings you right to your airport terminal for free
- Facilities are under supervision to provide a secure environment
- Reservations can be canceled at no charge to you
- Travelers can often take advantage of great hotel amenities like free breakfast to keep even more cash in their pockets
|Hotel||Free Parking||Distance To DCA|
Old Colony Inn Alexandria
|up to 7 days||4.0 mi|
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Alexandria – Old Town
|up to 7 days||2.5 mi|
To nail down the most affordable rate, this is a great site to compare hotels that have free parking nearby DCA airport**
**Get 15% off your deposit with our coupon HELPER15 if you decide to use this strategy!
A better choice for saving money on your trip could be a shuttle to DCA airport
Want to leave your car securely at home and out of the elements (whether it be heat, cold, rain or snow)? That's jut one of the many pros to using a professional shuttle company.
- Relief knowing that your entire transfer arrangements are lined up ahead of time
- Help with all your baggage
- The luxury of being dropped off/picked up right at your particular airport terminal at the exact time you decide
- Unlike a taxi cab or another ride-hailing service, you'll know upfront exactly how much you'll pay
- Having to depend on friends or family members to drive you all the way to the terminal or come get you is not necessary
- Background screened, safety trained licensed drivers to assist you
- One way, full round trip and multi-leg options
- No surge price structuring (unlike most ride-share companies)
See DCA airport shuttle prices to compare***
***If the shuttle alternative is right for you, use coupon code APH5 to get 5% off the booking!
Groupon can be a great place to find a DCA long term parking coupon or alternate transportation
If you've never used a group coupon site, don't be intimidated! They are pretty straight forward and you'll be amazed at the vast array of deals you can find (travel related and other).
- Can often save up to 50% or maybe more; discounts are primarily for off-site lots and/or ground transportation options
- Locate coupons for different options that may do the job like DCA limos/shuttles, as well as other airport transportation possibilities
- Also an effective way to pick up a discount at your destination city (such as dining, metro area guided tours, golf, spas, live shows and/or local area sports events). With advanced planning, you can really save a bunch of money this way!
- Based on the season you'll notice the number of parking DCA promotions fluctuate
Look through Groupon parking deals for Reagan National using this link
Area parking and transportation offers can vary, but also consider deals at your trip location!
Explore this car rental solution to do away with parking at Reagan airport altogether
This strategy won't work in every situation but for some it can be super cost effective. Run the numbers and find out!
Follow these instructions:
- Try a comparison rental car site to research the most cost-effective rates from a nearby facility in your local area to the airport.
- Book a car for the date you depart. Take it to the terminal and return it prior to boarding your flight. (Note: You won't keep the car overnight so it ends up being a smart deal.)
- Book a second vehicle for the day you fly back in and reverse the process. Grab your car at the airport and drive it back to the car rental facility in your local area (all on the same day).
Pros of this tactic:
- There's no overnight parking at Reagan National airport so you'll eliminate those charges
- No worrying about the safety of your personal automobile in the DCA remote lot
- Can end up being a cheaper alternative, especially if you live far away from your airport or if you will be gone an extended time
- Able to secure without using a charge card
- Easy cancellations should your itinerary change
We suggest using this car rental aggregate site to see prices from multiple companies all in one place
It just takes a few minutes to do a comparison of rental car prices to find out if this alternative is viable!
Frequently asked questions for Reagan National airport
Where's Reagan National airport located?
A GPS device will usually provide directions by just using ‘Reagan National Airport' but if not, try the geo-location is 2401 Smith Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22202.
What is the contact phone number for Reagan National airport?
The DCA airport primary phone number is (703) 417-8000. On-site parking customers can get parking questions answered or 24/7 vehicle assistance by calling (703) 417-7275.
What's the IATA code for Reagan National airport?
Find the latest parking rates at DCA for short-term and extended stay parking at the official Washington National Ronald Reagan Airport site
|Parking Lots||Parking Type||Daily Rate|
DCA Terminal A Garage
|Garage Parking||$25 max|
DCA Terminal B Garage
|Garage Parking||$25 max|
DCA Terminal C Garage
|Garage Parking||$25 max|
DCA Economy Parking
|Uncovered Lot||$17 max|
Other available parking amenities: Online DCA parking reservations with the ePark online quote system, Disabled parking access, Cell Phone Waiting Lot and 4 electric vehicle charging stations on the ground level of Terminal Garage B.
To help prevent showing up at the airport and driving around and around only to find the reasonably priced parking lots at DCA airport are filled up, it's a good idea to check the airport parking page to see the real-time capacity information for their parking facilities. That way you won't find yourself with your flight time approaching and having no other alternative but to pull in one of the lots closer to the terminals that comes with a much higher rate.
Are there any kind of parking coupons for (DCA) Reagan National airport?
We could not locate a Reagan National parking promo code on their website, but check out our popular Travel Deals page for most recent special coupon codes for DCA off-site lots and Reagan National hotels with free parking specials, along with savings for the usual travel basics such as plane tickets, rental cars and much more.
How do I locate a terminal map for the Reagan National airport?
Click here for the link to the official DCA airport map, generally known as the terminal map.
What's the best route to get to Washington National Ronald Reagan Airport?
Arranging directions to DCA on your cell phone prior to your travel day is the easiest plan for making sure you have a trouble-free drive to the airport. Begin at this Google map link, which already has the airport location keyed in. Then hit “directions” from the left navigation and enter in your starting position. Google will pick the smartest way to get to the airport, taking into consideration traffic and other situations. Tip: Don't leave this until the last minute. Punch in the info to your phone the night your trip and have it ready to go. That way, you won't be distracted when driving to the airport.
Reagan (DCA) Airport Wrap-Up
Located in Arlington, Virginia, is Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport DCA, a facility that served nearly 24 million passengers in 2016. It is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC, and easily accessible to the Pentagon, Alexandria, Georgetown and the Downtown mall area.
Referred to for decades as Washington National Airport, it was renamed in 1998 to honor Ronald Reagan, the 40th president of the United States.
Because of its proximity to DC, international passenger flights are limited to specific airports with pre-clearance facilities operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. For this reason, passengers needing to fly internationally often choose Washington Dulles (IAD) or Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI).
Reagan airport is situated on 860 acres and has three runways, one large terminal, three smaller sub-terminals and 44 gates.
DCA is a hub for American Airlines, which accounts for half of the yearly flights. The most frequent routes are to Atlanta, Chicago O’Hare, Boston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami and Orlando.
One of the best things about DCA is the quality of restaurants, many of which are located pre-security.
Of course there are plentiful fast-food options (including Chick-Fil-A!), but if time permits, definitely consider a more upscale option. Some favorites include Legal Sea Foods (pre-security near B/C Terminal), American Tap Room (Terminal C) and &pizza (also C) where you can make a custom pie with a variety of distinctive toppings.
Where is the Starbucks at Reagan National? You can get your Starbucks fix from one of two pre-security options – on the upper level (ticketing area) and outside Terminal C. Once you go through security, the only Starbucks is in Terminal B. However, there are other coffee purveyors post-security, including Dunkin’ Donuts (C and B/C) and Green Beans Coffee (B).
For shopping, your best bets are also in the main, pre-security area. Some of the places you can peruse include Brighton, Vineyard Vines, Brooks Brothers and Uniquely DC, a kiosk where you can pick up a souvenir of your visit to the nation’s capital. There’s a very handy interactive map at flyreagan.com, as well as a printable directory if you prefer.
The Metro Washington Airports Authority publishes an official magazine that highlights news, events and other interesting happenings at Reagan, Dulles and the surrounding areas of Virginia, Maryland and DC. Read it online for free here: http://www.flyreagan.com/dca/flywashington-magazine
The airports authority also manages an arts program to showcase the work of local, national and international artists. Take a stroll through The Gallery Walk in Terminal A to enjoy rotating exhibits. You may also be able to catch a live performance while at one of the airports, including musicians and dancers.
Additional guides from the Reagan National local area
- Washington DC has lots of great fun activities year-round
- Ten-day weather prediction for the Reagan National airport area
- Reagan National airport neighborhood traffic outlook
Read more details about our airport parking strategies
Our thorough Airport Parking 101 articles are on hand to help travelers decide which airport parking technique works best. Composed in a manner that is easy to comprehend, these articles explain the chief advantages of each frugal travel approach we promote. Discover just how painless it can be to reduce costs on airport parking whenever you fly!
- Great reasons why it makes sense to reserve a spot with an off-site airport parking provider
- Following are the benefits of using hotel free parking specials rather than parking on the airport grounds
- Why it makes sense to use an airport shuttle provider and not bother driving your own car to the airport
- Uncover a few good tips to save money with Groupon airport parking coupons and discounts
- Reasons why the two one-way rental car strategy may be the perfect option to reduce your parking costs