Is driving your car directly to the Los Angeles International airport is not an option for you? While most of our site is dedicated to best ways to find inexpensive parking at busy airports, this post is going to give you some great tips on getting a cheap shuttle to LAX airport, which is a great alternative for one-way or roundtrip transportation.
We'll share our favorite online service for comparing multiple LAX transportation options so you can easily book online and get the best deal.
In a hurry? Here's the link to find a ride to LAX on the cheap. They make getting to the airport pretty easy for you so check them out.
The hassles with parking
When you are going to fly out of Los Angeles, you might be concerned about where you are going to leave your car. The parking rates at LAX airport are outrageous because of how popular it is.
Thousands of people are in and out of this location on a daily basis, and a good percentage of them must travel to the airport on their own. Instead of leaving your vehicle and paying per 8-hour time increments, some people do opt to find cheaper lax parking rates by using lots nearby instead.
But if this is still out of the question, you can make use of a more economical LAX transportation option: a shuttle service.
You might be thinking that this could be too much trouble… but really, a shuttle bus to lax can save you a lot of time and money if you know if you know how to plan correctly in advance.
Reasons to choose a shuttle service
When you plan a few weeks out, a good shuttle service should allow you to choose from a range of available pick-up times at your location. Of course, with other travelers to consider, you should always set this time about thirty minutes early just in case the driver has to deal with other riders who are slow in the morning.
For the most economical service, you will be sharing the ride with several other people, but consider that any popular LAX taxi service will easily cost three or four times the amount than a shuttle will. You can also leave your car right at home and not have to worry about parking fees at all.
One of the best reasons to go this route is because a shuttle service can come pick you up from your home, door to door, even if you live several miles away from the airport. You will also know how much the ride is going to cost before the driver shows up, unlike a taxi ride that can be very expensive with each red light you wait at.
Popular choices for cheap lax airport shuttle services
You might be wondering who you should pick if you want to book a service like this for getting to LAX. There are plenty of them available, such as GO Airport Shuttle, Shuttle2LAX, Prime Time Shuttle, Roadrunner Shuttle and Super Shuttle to name a few.
What's our favorite resource for getting great shuttle van deals? Find it here.
This easy to use site will help you find shuttle services in the Los Angeles area and compare rates for shared ride van service, private vans, or even a private lax car service/limo service based on your pick up address location. This really makes finding the cheapest Los Angeles airport shuttle, or whatever transfer service best suits your budget and time constraints as easy as can be.
Other Things You Should Keep In Mind When Booking A Shuttle
- What about longer distance transports like San Diego to LAX? Yes, shuttles do operate long distance routes like that. Of course, prices are considerably higher than catching a ride from somewhere closer, like Long Beach or Orange County. However, if you are on a long trip, say two weeks or more, it might be worth it to use this means of transportation rather than pay for long-term parking in addition to the gas it would take to drive round-trip yourself.
- Traveling with children? Most shuttles don't provide child safety seats, so you will need to provide an approved safety seat for your child. Another great thing we love about booking a shuttle is that many of them let children three years of age and younger ride for free with a paying adult! Bonus 🙂
- Be sure to book your shuttle a little earlier so you can accommodate for the LA traffic, which is some of the worst in the country. Rush hour starts around 4AM and doesn't stop until about 10AM, where it is still relatively thick. If you are booking between these times, you might want to give yourself a two-hour window instead of a thirty-minute window so you will make your flight. Better to be a tad early than standing in the airport watching your plane take off without you.
- The rate you pay is going to be based on how many other people are on the ride with you. If the shuttle service is already coming to your neighborhood to pick another passenger up, then it won't be too much trouble for them to come get you. But if your party has more than 3 people you might consider a private shuttle van or even a car service or limousine for not too much more.
- If you are traveling with heavy luggage or items that are difficult to carry, then you can certainly benefit from the shuttle service. The driver will be more than happy to assist you with any luggage that you are carrying with you, but keep in mind most shuttle services' baggage policy follows that of the major airlines, so plan accordingly by checking with your airline or shuttle service first to avoid costly extra fees.
There's no question that options for airport parking at LAX can leave you in sticker shock, especially if you are off on a long-term trip. However, LAX shuttle bus operators in the area are taking advantage of the high prices LAX lots charge and providing a more reasonable option for people.
So if it is not necessary for you to have your vehicle with you at the airport, consider these easy ways to find a cheap shuttle to LAX airport.
Topic: Best Ways to Find an Inexpensive Airport Shuttle – LAX