If driving directly to the Los Angeles International Airport is not an option for you, you may want to consider booking a cheap shuttle to LAX airport instead.
In this post, we’ll share more details on our favorite online service for comparing multiple LAX transportation options so you can easily book online and get the best deal.
In a hurry? Here’s the link to find a ride to LAX airport on the cheap. Keep reading for more details on the advantages of using a shuttle service to lax over long-term parking.
The hassles with parking
Los Angeles International is one of the busiest airports in the U.S. That means parking rates at LAX airport are quite high, even in the economy lot.
Thousands of people are in and out of this location on a daily basis, and a good percentage of them must travel to the airport on their own. Instead of leaving your vehicle and paying per 8-hour time increments in the on-site airport lots, some travelers opt to find cheaper lax parking rates by using private lots nearby instead.
But if you prefer to leave your car at home safe and sound, you can make use of a more economical LAX transportation option: a reliable LAX shuttle service.
While you may think this choice might be a hassle, a shuttle bus to LAX is easy to book and can save you a lot of time and money if you plan in advance.
Reasons to choose a shuttle service
When you plan a few weeks out, a good shuttle service will allow you to select from a range of available pick-up times at your location of choice whether it be home, office, school or another convenient spot.
Our preferred shuttle partner has a very user-friendly website that makes booking online a snap. And since they provide up-front pricing there are never any payment surprises.
The first thing you do is enter your starting address and flight information, including date and time, along with the number of passengers and bags. Hit enter and up pops your ride options with detailed pricing.
For the most economical service, you’ll likely choose the shared ride option where you share a vehicle (usually a van) with other travelers headed to LAX. To put it in perspective, any popular LAX taxi service will easily cost three or four times the amount of a shuttle.
With a shuttle service, you leave your car at home and you don’t have to worry about finding a spot to park or racking up a hefty bill with LAX parking fees. You know how much the ride is going to cost before the driver shows up, unlike a taxi ride that can get expensive depending on traffic.
Popular choices for cheap LAX airport shuttle services
You might be wondering which company you should pick if you want to book a service like this for getting to LAX. There are plenty of them available, such as GO Airport Shuttle, Shuttle2LAX, Prime Time Shuttle, Roadrunner Shuttle, and Super Shuttle.
What’s our favorite resource for getting great shuttle van deals? Find it here.
This easy-to-use site will help you find shuttle services in the Los Angeles area and compare rates for shared ride van service, private vans, or even a private LAX car service/limo service based on your pick up address location.
This really makes finding the cheapest Los Angeles airport shuttle, or whatever transfer service best suits your budget and time constraints, as easy as possible.
Other things to consider when booking an LAX shuttle
- What about longer distance transports like San Diego to LAX? Of course, prices are considerably higher than catching a ride from somewhere closer, like Long Beach or Orange County. However, if you are leaving on a long trip, say two weeks or more, it might be worth it to use this means of transportation rather than pay for long-term LAX parking and the gas it would take to drive round-trip yourself.
- Traveling with children? Most shuttles don’t provide child safety seats, so you will need to bring along an approved safety seat for your child. Another great thing we love about booking a shuttle is that many providers allow younger children to ride for free with a paying adult! Be sure to ask when booking.
- We also recommend you arrange your shuttle pick-up time a little earlier so you can accommodate for the LA traffic, which is some of the worst in the country. Rush hour starts around 4 a.m. and doesn’t stop until about 10 a.m., where it is still relatively thick. If you are booking between these times, you might want to give yourself a two-hour window instead of a thirty-minute window. Better to be a tad early than standing in the airport watching your plane take off without you.
- If your party has more than three people you might consider a private shuttle van or even a car service or limousine. This can often work out to be the same price or just slightly more than a shared ride shuttle van to LAX.
- If you are traveling with heavy luggage or items that are difficult to carry, then you can certainly benefit from the shuttle service. The driver will be more than happy to assist you with any luggage that you are carrying with you, but keep in mind most shuttle services’ baggage policy follows that of the major airlines, so plan accordingly by checking with your airline or shuttle service first to avoid costly extra fees.
There’s no question that options for airport parking at LAX can leave you in sticker shock, especially if you are off on a long-term trip. However, LAX shuttle bus operators in the area are taking advantage of the high prices LAX lots charge and providing a more reasonable option for travelers.
So if it is not necessary for you to have your vehicle with you at the airport, consider these easy ways to find a cheap shuttle to LAX airport.
Topic: Best Ways to Find an Inexpensive Airport Shuttle – LAX