Earlier this summer when my husband said he had a business trip planned to Maine in August I jumped at the chance to tag along.
Boy, am I glad I did! We were blown away by the amazing scenery, friendly locals and delicious food. On our first night here, Hubs ate six (yes, six!) lobsters at a friend's cookout. #lobsterhog #cheaperatthesource
And did I mention the 40% humidity rate? My hair was in heaven. Way different than Virginia in August.
I found myself dreaming about what Maine must look like in peak leaf season and have vowed to return someday to find out. If the Northeast U.S. is on your travel wish list, it's not too late to plan a leaf-peeping trip for the fall.
Here are a few helpful resources:
Frequently asked questions about fall foliage via Maine.gov
Leaf-peeping road trip tips via Travel Channel
Leaf peeping: Planning a fall trip to New England and the Northeast U.S. via Frommers
Helpful Travel Hacks
At Airport Parking Helper, we’re all about saving you time, money and stress when you travel.
But why limit that philosophy just to airport parking? In our line of work, we frequently come across helpful travel hacks and it just seems right to share! Like …
- Use a pillbox to pack jewelry and other small items such as safety pins.
- If you forget your phone charger’s wall plug-in, check the back of your hotel TV for a USB port. (You’ll still need the cord but if you forgot that, too, chances are the front desk has one you may borrow).
- Use packing cubes to keep luggage organized and contained. We like this durable and affordable set from eBags, which comes with a lifetime warranty.
Airport Parking Coupons
Use these codes from two of our favorite travel partners to save even more on already low airport parking rates.
- Get $5 off with code HELPER5 at off-site lots with free shuttle service.
- Get 15% off your deposit with code HELPER15 at hotels with free airport parking and shuttle service.
These coupons are good for travel any time in the future, so even if your trip is a little further down the road, it’s always a good idea to book your airport parking early. Doing so guarantees your space at a low rate. And cancellations are free!
P.S. Andie and I would love to have you join our budget-travel loving community on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.