Are you a bargain-hunting traveler interested in ideas to save money on Pittsburgh Airport parking? If so, you’re going to love Airport Parking Helper.
We’ve made it ridiculously easy to find the top cheap (PIT) Pittsburgh International Airport long term parking alternatives by reviewing the advantages and disadvantages of a variety of cost-effective methods. Read the comprehensive article that follows or click one of the quick links below to start running comparisons. (Note: To make it easier for you, all links listed here will open in a new tab)
Get started quickly here: Use one of our simple methods to secure cheap Pittsburgh Int’l airport parking rates. You can pre-book directly through these shortcuts:
- PIT offsite parking operators are normally cheaper*
- Look at hotels near PIT that offer free parking **
- Groupon commonly has parking promotions available
- One-way PIT rental cars might be an alternative
- The PIT extended lot is the cheapest onsite choice
*Use the coupon code HELPER5 to save an additional $5!
**Get 15% off deposit with the discount code HELPER15
This article is designed to make it easier to discover your best choice for Pittsburgh airport car parking based on factors that mean the most to you such as cost, location and safety. Discover information on short term and long term PIT parking prices and make use of our new maps, tips, coupons and links to additional resources. Oh, and don’t miss the airport roundup at the end where we outline PIT’s options for restaurants, shops, amenities and services!
Get cheaper rates using independent off-site Pittsburgh International Airport parking lots
Frugal travelers love this option because it is often the most cost-effective when compared to onsite Pittsburgh airport parking. You can accumulate quite a bit of extra cash this way, especially if you’re someone who has to (or gets to!) fly frequently. Goodbye, hefty bills. Hello, savings! Other top reasons this is a favored method:
- Being able to reserve in advance means your space is guaranteed
- Free shuttle service straight to and from your terminal at Pittsburgh airport
- Parking vendors are closely supervised for your safety
- Added short term and also long-term PIT airport parking possibilities mean greater scheduling convenience
- Several parking operators offer select savings, additional perks and covered parking alternatives
- No charge for cancellations if necessary
|Parking Lot||Parking Type||Distance To PIT|
Globe Airport Parking
|Valet Uncovered||6.5 mi|
Pit Stop Valet Parking
|Valet Covered||5.7 mi|
Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport
|Self Uncovered||7.5 mi|
Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel
|Self Uncovered||7.1 mi|
Charlie Brown’s Airport Parking
|Valet Uncovered||3.4 mi|
AirMarino Airport Parking
|Valet Uncovered||3.3 mi|
The Parking Spot Pittsburgh
|Self Uncovered||4.0 mi|
Click here to find off site lots which have select rates close to PIT*
*If an off-site lot is your best option, use coupon code HELPER5 to save an extra $5 on your reservations!
Compare Park Sleep Fly hotels near Pittsburgh airport with parking packages
Hotels are eager to accommodate busy travelers and will often offer deals that include free extended stay hotel parking with a one-night room booking. Here’s why this could be an ideal solution to your airport parking dilemma:
- Depending on the duration of your vacation can be more affordable than PIT economy parking by itself
- Is perfect for travelers who need an overnight stop before they depart or when they get back, or those that have the first flight out of the day
- Allows you to arrange a parking spot prior to travelling (which you can’t do at the majority of on-airport parking lots)
- Can pick from many Pittsburgh airport hotels that agree to give you the least expensive rate
- Complimentary shuttles directly to and from your terminal at airport
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing hotel lots are being monitored 24 hours a day
- Free cancellations
|Hotel||Free Parking||Distance To PIT|
Quality Inn Pittsburgh Airport
|up to 30 days||5 mi|
DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Airport
|up to 14 days||6.6 mi|
Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport
|up to 14 days||7 mi|
Comfort Suites Pittsburgh
|up to 14 days||5 mi|
Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport
|up to 7 days||6 mi|
Econolodge Inn and Suites Pittsburgh Airport
|up to 14 days||8 mi|
Sleep Inn and Suites
|up to 14 days||6 mi|
We recommend using this site to review hotels that offer free parking in Pittsburgh**
**Save 15% on your deposit with coupon code HELPER15 if you use this strategy!
Check into area PIT airport parking coupons or substitutes on Groupon
Bargains abound on Groupon for all sorts of products and services, including — you guessed it — airport parking and transportation. It does tend to be hit or miss, but it is definitely worth it to run a quick check to see what’s available. We also recommend you read the fine print carefully to make sure the deal is good on the dates you plan to use it.
- Discounts frequently can save 50% or or even more (usually on off airport parking providers)
- Locate discounts for different services that might suit your needs like PIT limos and shuttles, and alternative airport transportation options
- Likewise a wonderful way to pick up a deal within your destination city (like dining, metro area guided tours, golf courses, day spas, cultural events and local area sports events)
- With respect to the season you’ll find the amount of available parking promotions may change
Check Groupon airport parking deals for Pittsburgh by clicking here
Local parking/transportation deals tend to vary, but be sure to explore special offers at your destination!
Want to ditch airport parking? Pittsburgh airport rental cars could work for you
If you don’t want to bum a ride off a family member or friend, and you prefer not to leave you vehicle at the airport, here’s a car rental strategy to consider the next time you fly out of Pittsburgh. It’s a little unconventional so stick with us here…
- Review a comparison rental car website to seek out the most affordable rates from a pickup location in your hometown to the airport.
- Reserve a car rental in your neighborhood, drive it to your airport and give it back to the on-site car rental agency prior to your departure. When you return home, undertake the same process in the reverse order.
- Gets rid of the problem of finding overnight parking
- You don’t need to keep your personal vehicle in the PIT remote parking lot
- If your house is a good distance from your airport or you will be traveling a long time, this option can work particularly good for lowering your costs. Plus, there’s no wear and tear on your car.
- Can secure without a charge card
- Simple cancellations should your itinerary change
Compare costs to and from PIT airport from popular car rental agencies
Quickly review rental car costs to and from your airport from all the top agencies at one time!
Answers to commonly asked Pittsburgh airport questions
What is the Pittsburgh airport address?
The Pittsburgh airport address is 1000 Airport Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15231.
How can I call the Pittsburgh airport?
(412) 472-3525 is the PIT airport’s primary business phone number. For specific parking inquiries, call the airport parking office at (412) 472-5050.
What’s the official IATA code for the Pittsburgh airport?
We’ve provided information below on the available parking at the time of this article. The Pittsburgh International Airport official web site is the best place to view the the current parking rates for short term and extended stay parking.
|Parking Lots||Parking Type||Daily Rate|
Extended Economy Parking
|Uncovered Lot||$8 max|
Long Term Parking
|Uncovered Lot||$14 max|
Short Term Parking
|Covered Garage||$24 max|
Other available parking: Disabled Parking (must have disabled permit or plate), Cell Phone Lot (for passenger pick ups), Gold Key Lot Parking (monthly leasing for frequent flyers)
To help prevent showing up at the airport, wandering around and around (pressure!) only to discover the inexpensive lots are totally full, the airport offers an online option to reserve parking. That way you won’t end up with your departure time approaching and having no other alternative except to pull in one of the lots closer to the airport terminals that comes with a more expensive rate.
Any type of parking coupons for (PIT) Pittsburgh airport?
Take a look at this useful Travel Deals page for up-to-date discount codes for PIT off-site lots and Pittsburgh hotels that have free parking specials, along with deals for the usual trip essentials such as airfare, car rentals and more.
How can I find the most recent Pittsburgh airport terminal/parking map?
Use this link – PIT parking maps – to see details on the parking options at Pittsburgh airport.
How can I get the simplest route to Pittsburgh International Airport?
We generally recommend using Google Maps to plan the ideal driving route prior to taking off. Check out this page and click on “Directions” on the left. Enter your beginning location and you’ll get the best possible way to Pittsburgh airport. You can print the information from your home pc or send the directions your smartphone. That way, you’ll get exact directions read aloud to you, plus status updates for traffic problems and other issues that may affect the direction you drive to PIT. Another tip: Punch in the info the night before your trip and you’ll have one less thing to worry about on your busy travel day.
Pittsburgh Airport Recap
Pittsburgh International Airport is located approximately 20 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and is consistently ranked as one of the top airports in the nation.
It features a core terminal and four concourses (A-D). There also are four runways, the longest of which are 11,500 feet, giving PIT the ability to accommodate the nation’s largest planes.
American is the top airline that operates out of PIT with approximately 300 departures a day. Delta, Southern Airways express, Southwest and United also are big players. PIT is a focus city for low-cost airline Allegiant, which operates about 20 departures a day.
The most popular domestic destinations out of PIT are Atlanta, Chicago (ORD), Charlotte, Orlando and Denver. On the international side, the main route is to Toronto via Air Canada.
Pittsburgh airport restaurants are renowned for quality and diversity. The airport’s dining and shopping web page makes it simple to find what you’re looking for with an interactive search by concourse or type of dining (quick serve, seated dining or snack). Results include a brief description and link to more details on each eatery such as photos and website address so you can check out menus in advance.
One particular favorite among flyers is Bar Symon, located in the center core. The sit-down restaurant is owned by celebrity chef Michael Symon (Food Network’s “Iron Chef America,” among other shows) and features his signature culinary style – hip dishes and bold flavors – served up for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Another nice feature is there are power outlets at every table and bar stool!
Shops are also plentiful at the Pittsburgh airport. In fact, there are more than 50 merchants ready to meet your needs for books, toys, cosmetics, electronics, eyewear, clothing, accessories, jewelry, skincare, snacks and more. Of course, there are also options for massage and spa services if you a place to unwind.
Other amenities at Pittsburgh International include ATMs, free wifi, a private mothers’ nursing area, pet relief area and a military lounge. There’s also the Club Lounge, open to any traveler regardless or airline. Day passes are $40 and perks include a quiet, relaxing atmosphere with leather chairs, plentiful outlets, a computer with printer and refreshments.
If you’re looking for help deciding what to do during your stay in Pittsburgh, be sure and visit the information desk (on floor 1, landside). Pick up brochures or chat with a helpful representative regarding sports, city landmarks, museums, outdoor activities and more.
The Pittsburgh airport has a number of innovative programs and services designed to provide a quality experience to travelers. Some of the most popular include:
- Art in the Airport – A partnership with local museums, artists and musicians to showcase the region’s cultural assets.
- Fly Kids – A 2,100-square-foot lounge called Kidsport on Concourse C allows children to burn off energy between flights by enjoying play equipment, interactive exhibits and other activities in a safe environment.
- PIT Paws – A therapy dog program focused on alleviating stress that some customers experience when flying. Dog/handler teams roam the terminals to answer questions and allow travelers to pet their friendly, well-trained canines.
Handy travel info in Pittsburgh
- Great things to do in the Pittsburgh area
- Ten-day weather prediction for Pittsburgh airport area
- Explore traffic status for the Pittsburgh airport vicinity
Compare and contrast all our airport parking strategies:
Individual circumstances will ultimately determine which airport parking alternatives will work better for your trip. We’ve put together comprehensive articles that clarify the benefits of many different airport parking savings methods.
- 4 reasons why it makes sense to make a reservation at an off-site airport parking lot
- Great reasons to choose hotel free parking specials instead of parking on-site at the airport lots
- Why it is smart to make use of an airport shuttle service and not bother bringing your vehicle to the airport
- The ways Groupon airport parking coupons and discounts can help you save a good bit of money
- Why the choice of 2 one-way rental cars could be an incredible option to reduce your costs for you