In this post, you’ll discover numerous techniques to save big on San Diego airport parking without having to sacrifice the amenities that matter most to you. Convenience, price and your safety are all considered when choosing your best option for affordable (SAN) San Diego long term airport parking. If you need all the details, keep reading because this article is extremely comprehensive! (Note: The url links listed here open in a new tab for easy reference)
Need info quickly? We share information on numerous alternatives to uncover cheap San Diego airport parking rates. You can book directly through any of these shortcuts:
- SAN off-site parking lots are normally cheaper*
- Find hotels offering free parking nearby SAN **
- View fees from SAN airport shuttle operators
- Parking discounts are commonly available on Groupon
- View quotes for renting a car to and from SAN airport
- Explore the cheapest on-site parking lot at the airport
*Save an extra $5 with our coupon code HELPER5
**Use the HELPER15 coupon code to save 15% off deposit
To save big on San Diego airport parking charges, checking out options beyond just the on-site parking facilities will likely benefit you. This useful SAN parking review provides awesome tips and hints, helpful travel resources as well as cost-saving parking coupons. Read on to find which strategy works best for you, then simply pre-book with our preferred providers. Be sure to pin this post by moving your mouse over the graphic above and choosing the red “save” button. You’ll be so glad you did when you need to refer back at a later date!
Select an independent, offsite vendor to locate the cheapest long term airport parking
Does your blood pressure rise as you drive around the SAN economy lot looking for a spot knowing you’re already cutting it close with check in and boarding time? If so, this is the stress-busting solution for you.
- Can help save anywhere up to 70 percent in comparison to on-site San Diego airport parking, more often than not making it the most cost effective alternative
- Lets you make a reservation for a parking space that you know is guaranteed before your flight
- Shuttles drive you right to and from your particular San Diego flight terminal for free
- Parking lots are under supervision to protect you and your vehicle
- Additional daily/weekly SAN airport parking choices mean much better scheduling convenience
- Some businesses offer a covered parking garage in addition to a variety of luxuries
- Should you have to modify your travel plans, most offer a free cancellation policy
|Parking Lot||Parking Type||Distance To SAN|
WallyPark San Diego Airport Parking Garage
|Uncovered, Covered, Valet||2.0 miles|
WallyPark San Diego Airport Parking Lot 2
Aladdin Airport Parking San Diego
|Covered, Valet||1.4 miles|
San Diego Park, Shuttle and Fly
Use this helpful airport parking reservation portal to quickly locate SAN off-site parking vendors*
*If you book an off-airport parking lot, use promo code HELPER5 at checkout to save an extra $5!
Look at hotels close to San Diego airport that promote complimentary long term parking deals
If your flight is an early one, you’re likely not looking forward to getting up at the crack of dawn to get to the airport well in advance. The same is likely true if you live a good ways away from SAN and have a long drive to add on to what will already be a tiring travel day. If so, you will want to consider a hotel with free parking package.
- Taking into account the length of your trip can be less expensive than SAN economy parking alone
- Is helpful for travelers who need an overnight stay on the front or back end of their trip, or who have a flight very early in the morning
- Can arrange a parking spot ahead of time (contrary to the majority of on-airport lots)
- Guaranteed lowest price for a number of San Diego airport hotels
- Frequent, no-cost shuttles directly to and from your airline’s terminal at airport
- Facilities are under supervision for security
- There is no fee for canceling
Try this website to find San Diego hotels that include free parking**
**Get a 15% discount on your airport hotel deposit by using code HELPER15 at checkout!
Try a San Diego airport shuttle as a substitute for airport car parking
Airport shuttle companies offer reliable, cost-effective transportation to and from the San Diego airport. You can book (and pay) in advance and have no worries about leaving your car in the airport lot. Let a professional driver take you to and from SAN instead!
- You’ll be able to keep your own vehicle out of the weather, securely at your own home
- Having the ability to reserve your transportation travel plans upfront gives you peace of mind
- Baggage assistance
- You’re able to decide on a precise time to be dropped off/picked up right at the terminal
- Different from a taxi or other ride-hailing option, you’ll know ahead of time exactly how much you’ll be charged
- No need to rely on family members and friends to get you to the flight terminal or come get you
- Licensed driver operators who’ve been safety trained and background screened
- Multiple possibilities for 1-way, roundtrip or multi-leg segments
- No surprise cost modifications in peak times – often known as as surge pricing
Browse SAN airport shuttle service costs here***
***Save 5% on your reservation with code APH5 if you use this strategy!
Groupon can be a place to find a SAN airport parking coupon or airport transfer service
Another cool way to score a big airport parking discount is through Groupon.com. The deals on this site rotate pretty often so there might not always be something that meets your needs, but it takes just a minute or two to search so definitely give it a whirl.
- Often cut costs up to 50% or greater; discounts are usually for off site parking vendors and/or ground transportation alternatives
- Discover deals on parking alternative options that may meet your needs like SAN airport limos and shuttles, or additional airport transportation opportunities
- Keep in mind what you might do when you get to your destination and check for promotions there. For example festivals, sporting events, spas, places to eat and city organized tours
- The variety of discounted parking offers will fluctuate seasonally
Find out if Groupon compares for SAN parking coupons and discounts
In addition to airport parking, consider deals at your trip location as well!
Employ this rental car approach to do away with SAN airport parking costs
Alright, alright. We know this may sound a bit complicated, but it’s really not. Promise! Plus, it can be a fantastic time and money-saving solution in a number of travel situations. Keep reading…
- Make use of a comparison online resource to locate the best rates from the top-name SAN car rental providers, including Alamo, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and Dollar.
- Reserve a car for the date you fly out. Take it to the terminal and then return it prior to getting on your flight. (Note: You’re not renting the vehicle overnight so it ends up being a great deal.)
- Pre-book a second car for the date you’ll get back and then reverse the process. Pick up the car at the airport and drive it back to the rental car place in your home city (all in one day).
- You have no overnight parking at San Diego airport so you do away with those fees
- No questioning the security of your own automobile at the SAN remote lot
- If you live far from the closest airport or you’ll be traveling for over a week, this approach works great for lowering your costs. In addition, there’s no wear and tear on your car.
- Able to book without using a credit card
- Painless cancellations should your travel plans change
Quickly compare quotes to and from SAN airport from the popular car rental agencies
Easily compare rental car costs to/from the airport from many popular companies at one time!
Questions and answers about San Diego airport
Where’s the San Diego airport?
3225 N Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92101.
What is the telephone number for San Diego airport?
(619) 400-2404 is listed as the SAN airport’s primary phone number.
What’s the San Diego IATA airport code?
See the latest SAN parking rates for short-term and extended stay parking at the official San Diego International Airport website.
|Parking Lots||Parking Type||Daily Rate|
|Uncovered Lot||$40/day max|
Terminal Lot 1 Parking
|Uncovered Lot||$32/day max|
Terminal Lot 2 Parking
|Uncovered Lot||$32/day max|
Long Term Parking Lot Harbor Drive
|Uncovered Lot||$20/day max|
Economy Parking Lot Pacific Highway
|Uncovered Lot||$13/day max|
Remember and take into account that airports will not always provide an online option to check the actual status for its parking lots, this means you face the scenario of arriving at the airport, driving in circles only to figure out the economy lots are filled. Then, with your flight time growing closer, you’ll have no option except to use one of the parking lots closer to the terminals at a more expensive rate. Ugh! Don’t you hate that?
Where do I get an airport parking coupon for San Diego?
Have a look at our popular Top Travel Deals page for the most recent San Diego airport parking promo code to use on off site parking vendors and San Diego hotels that have free airport parking specials, together with deals on other trip essentials such as plane tickets, rental cars and more.
How do I find the latest San Diego airport map?
The San Diego airport terminal map is just one click away. Use this link: SAN airport map.
Where can I get the best driving route to San Diego International Airport?
Planning directions to SAN on your cell phone well before departing is the best plan for making sure you have a smooth trip to the airport. Click this Google map link, which already has the airport location populated. You then view “directions” from the left sidebar and enter in where you’ll be leaving from. Google will pick the quickest driving route to get to the airport, taking into consideration traffic and other things.
What You’ll Find at San Diego International Airport
San Diego International Airport SAN is situated just northwest of downtown and adjacent to the scenic San Diego Bay.
The airport was formerly known as San Diego Municipal Airport Lindbergh Field, initially named after Charles Lindbergh who tested his “Spirit of St. Louis” at a strip nearby before embarking on his historic transatlantic flight in 1927.
SAN features only one runway and is consistently recognized as the busiest single-runway airport in the U.S. It has two terminals that are connected by a walkway. The most popular airline is Southwest with Air Canada, American, British Airways, Delta, Frontier, United and a number of other airlines offering service to spots around the globe.
The food and drink options at San Diego Airport are plentiful – pre-security and in the terminals. The facility prides itself on providing many access to businesses that are committed to sustainable practices such as minimizing waste, reducing water and energy usage, and limiting use of Styrofoam containers, plasticware and platic bags. Look for the green “San Green Concession” logo.
For quick grab-and-go options, consider Einstein Bros. Bagels, Ciao Gourmet Market or Pacifica Breeze Café. Of course you’ll find a number of coffee and tea options, including Pannikin, Ryan Bros., Peet’s and Starbucks.
If you have more time to spare, check out one of the full-service restaurants such as Urban Crave, PGA Tour Grill, Beaudevin Wine & Tapas Bar or Bubbles Seafood and Wine Bar. Craft beer enthusiasts may want to make time for a stop at Stone Brewing (Terminal 2) or Craft Brews on 30th St. (Terminal 1) for a taste of locally brewed selections.
There are also a number of shops at SAN, including ones you expect to find – Hudson News, PGA Tour Shop, Duty Free Americas and Brookstone. If you’re traveling with kids, you might want to hop into MindWorks, a store that combines “interaction and play in an atmosphere of discovery” or Kids Love San Diego where you’ll find children’s clothing and toys.
Sign up for the airport’s email newsletter to take advantage of discounts and promotions on dining, shopping and other services here: http://www.san.org/Shop-Dine-Relax/Dining
One of the country’s largest centers for the USO (United Services Organization) is located at the Terminal 2 Parking Lot – on the ground floor, adjacent to the Eastern Skybridge.
At the 5,000-square-foot Neil Ash Airport Center, service members and their families can enjoy computers, televisions and couches, snacks and beverages, private bathrooms and showers, a game room with video consoles, board games and pool table, children’s playroom, a quiet room and a huge enclosed patio with grill.
SAN airport also operates “Ready, Pet, Go,” a program where passengers can interact with specially trained dogs and their handlers. According to the airport’s web site, “Passengers regularly comment that they love seeing warm, wet noses and wagging tails that create a friendly, positive experience at SAN.”
Related San Diego helpful guides
- Cool fun activities in San Diego
- 10 day weather outlook for San Diego airport area
- San Diego airport local traffic updates
Airport parking methods: Compare the advantages and disadvantages
Our complete Airport Parking 101 posts are found here to help you settle on which airport parking opportunity is most economical for your trip.
- Great reasons why you should book with an off-site airport parking facility
- See why your best alternatives to parking on-site at the airport could be hotel parking offers
- Consider affordable, efficient airport transfers using a nearby shuttle service
- Here’s the great tips to save some money with Groupon airport parking coupons
- Read the reasons to go with two one-way car rentals to eliminate the need for parking at the airport facilities